Song Of The Day 5/4/2012: M83 - "Car Chase Terror"

I nearly got killed on the freeway Thursday morning. I was traveling at the speed limit, in the rain, when a truck towing a trailer full of loose items, traveling at about 40 mph, suddenly merged into my lane as I was coming on fast. I had to hit the brakes suddenly. My car skidded and revolved in the middle of the highway. Actually at the moment of its happening, I was fairly calm. I was just thinking, "All right, this is it. I'm going to get pounded in my side, there's going to be insurance problems, those KIRO choppers are going to be pissed at me, and there's a possibility I'll die. No problem, Kate and the kids will get my life insurance payout, and the great thing is they didn't have to do anything nefarious to get it." By the end of the turn I was in the diamond lane, facing the other direction. Didn't even slam into the wall. I was a bit stunned. Cars in the adjoining lane, traveling the opposite direction, kindly stopped and let me do a U-turn in the middle of the freeway. Life went on as normal. And then I thought, "Well, that's a relief, actually. That was my close call. Statistically, I won't be in that situation for at least another few years. Today's gonna be a great day!"

I incorrectly remembered this song as "Car Crash Drama," but I'm fine with it being Song Of The Day. Close enough.

Comments