Song Of The Day 10/3/2012: Was (Not Was) feat. Ozzy Osbourne & Madonna - "Shake Your Head (Let's Go to Bed)"

I went to the Madonna concert last night at Key Arena in Seattle. Aside from being the most visually stunning concert I've ever been to -- I feel like I've just gotten the world's most comprehensive retina scan -- and proof that Madonna still brings it, the show was also a virtual advertisement for joining the priesthood. Any denomination. There is no cloak Madonna will not don, no robe she will turn away, no chain of beads unworthy of her fingering. It was inspirational. Although I personally would have not redone "Like A Virgin" as a depressing German piano-and-violin waltz. Not worth Weill. Ba-BING!

Sorry, I'm a little fuzzy from all the lasers and pink. This is a Was (Not Was) song Madonna performed early in her career, in collaboration with Ozzy Osbourne. It has a somewhat checkered history you can read about on Wikipedia. It's not the greatest song in the world, but I'm not up for Ciccone Youth at the moment.

Comments