Song Of The Day 7/28/2013: Richard Swift - "Lady Luck"

Day 2 of the Capitol Hill Block Party was better. A-Trak was astounding. Big Freedia again stunned many Seattleites as she did a few days ago; more of them seemed to enjoy it this time. I actually ran into someone I know (where are you people hiding? Is it my cologne? I bought it at a mall!). And the night ended with a performance by Pickwick, Seattle's beloved Hipster Band, which was very good. Although I'm a fan of their album Can't Talk Medicine, I wasn't prepared for how expressive a singer Galen Dillard-Disston would be. I was taken aback, I was.

Pickwick also do a cover of one of my very favorite pop-rock songs of the last decade, Richard Swift's "Lady Luck." Pickwick does it with Sharon Van Etten. I don't know who Richard Swift does it with. It may be himself. It may be a trusted friend. Or a total stranger. Or all three. I'm not sure. Anyway, I could have sworn I'd already programmed this as Song Of The Day once, but the records indicate I have not. Here it is, much later than it should have been.

Comments