Song Of The Day 9/29/2013: The Monkees - "Goin' Down"

WE ARE CAUGHT UP. My wife and I officially caught up with Breaking Bad at 10:25pm on Saturday night, about 19.5 hours before the series finale arrives. I'm a bundle of shot nerves. We plowed through Seasons 3, 4 and 5 in a little under three weeks. Two episodes a night, most nights.

What have we proved? This, my friends: No matter what, if you set your mind to it, apply yourself and work really hard, you can watch any TV show in its entirety. You can accomplish anything: drama, comedy, documentaries, reality shows, whatever that thing with the dynasty of ducks is -- anything! American exceptionalism! U-S-A! U-S-A!

I'd like to offer one final toast to music supervisor Thomas Golubíc, who pulled off some incredible moments of counterpoint on this show, including today's entry, my favorite of the montage songs, from Season 5. (Spoiler alert: It was played over a montage of meth-cooking.)

Only one episode left, and then Kate and I have to figure out what we're going to talk about from now on.


Comments

Anonymous said…
Stanley here.

re: watching an entire TV series:

I watched Battlestar Galactica to the end. The Battlestar Galactica finale is one of those things about which the same viewer(s) can have multiple opinions, good and bad. The series *is* worth toughing it out for, though, even if the whole Cylon thing is--oblique spoiler follows--revealed to've been a big "family feud" all along.