March/April 2014 Duo-Monthly Album/EP Report/Checklist/Deposition


I had to combine March and April's Monthly Reports because my listening total in March was a pitiful six new albums. April was off to a mediocre start too, but I managed to rip through 8 in the last two days. HQ is very pleased and they're freeing up my travel budget again. Look out, Lynnwood.

Total albums listened to: 34.
YTD: 112.

Loved: Ought, Prefab Sprout(!), Wye Oak

Thought were great: Real Estate, Death Vessel, The Notwist, Cloud Nothings, Drive-By Truckers, Freddie Gibbs & Madlib, Future Islands, Liars, Mac Demarco, White Hinterland, Ava Luna, Withered Hands, Damon Albarn, Protomartyr.

Thought were damn good: Pharrell Williams, Hospitality, The Men, Todd Terje, Focus Group, Ambrose Akinmusire, Kelis, Ben Watt.

Started off all, dude, what the f*** is this? Then I was all, I can't believe your're f***ing doing this to yourselves. Then I was all, ehhh, at least there's a f***ing narrative again, though I'm not paying as much f***ing attention to it as I normally would. Finally I was like, f*** it, dude, I'm always gonna be your f***ing friend: The Hold Steady.

They'll do: The Tontons, Aloe Blacc, EMA, Avey Tare’s Slasher Flicks, Wilko Johnson & Roger Daltrey.

All things considered, probably achieved best-case scenario: Pixies.

No, but thanks for playing: Shakira, The Menzingers.

No, and get the hell off my lawn: None.

Comments