Song Of The Day 3/29/2015: William Shatner - "You'll Have Time"

Happy birthday to this! Happy birthday to this! Happy birthday dear recurring feature, happy birthday to this!

Today marks the three-year anniversary of Song Of The Day, or as we call it, my ongoing application for a regular entertainment content job. You think you can get this much consistency and editorial calendar-stuffing from an intern? Answer the damn phone, Time/Life!

So, anyway, yep -- 1,088 straight SOTD's later, we're still going. Some days it's like squeezing blood from a turnip to get these things up here, but other days... actually, no, it's pretty much like squeezing blood from a turnip every damn day. But it's worth it just to see you smile. Although I also have no empirical proof that you're smiling either. Look, whatever, I could be pulling some Walter White shit or something, but I'm doing this. Try to look amused.

Tradition dictates that every year on this blog's birthday I throw up a William Shatner song. This one is rather excellent, but I had reservations about it because of its casual approach to death in light of the great Leonard Nimoy's recent passage. I didn't want Bill to see this up here and be concerned about bad timing. Because I'm sure he visits this blog every single day. But I think it's okay. Quite often I think about the lights of the various tunnels in my life 'cause I'm such a positive guy, and it's time we all start dwelling in such inevitabilities.

As always, thank you all for your support.

Comments