Song Of The Day 3/25/2016: Banbarra – “Shack Up”

Star Time Preview – I was hoping to have an announcement today giving you the official date and time of the first episode of Star Time, but I don't. I have, however, completed the first episode and dropped it off at the KVRU studio right next to the Pizza Hut. I listened to it a couple of days ago. It's all right for the first radio show I've done in 11 years, but it's not perfect. I think I made some unwise mastering and editing decisions. There's one backlog I do that was cut down so much to save some time that I sound like an auctioneer with OCD. There's also a couple of songs, especially when we get to the '70s portion, that I think I might have screwed up in the audio manipulation process. The singers sound like they're wavering between stereo channels, like they're trying to order at the counter of a Taco Bell and are darting their eyes back and forth across the menu trying to read the calorie values. That may or may not be a personal anecdote. But just for me, I made a mix with my backlogs taken out, with only the music. That I'm really happy with. It's a nice progression. And I'm pleased with how my radio voice has turned out, after eleven years of rest, terror and exhaustion have turned my throat into the hum of the universe. Hopefully my recording tools/environment will improve.

So when I get a firm date, you'll be the first to know. In the meantime, I have to start on Episode 2. That's the fun part. Let's see what happens now.