Mixtape Of The Day 5/22/2016: Star Time Preview


I'm sure you're wondering when my radio show Star Time is finally going on the air. So am I. The station that's carrying it was originally supposed to go online last weekend. It has not. They're all lovely people over at the station, but their issuing start dates that come and pass by without anything happening -- well, it's a very Jehovah's Witness thing to do, but I know they're trying.

In the meantime I have produced seven complete episodes of Star Time from my home. To keep interest warm I went ahead and made a mixtape featuring songs from all seven episodes, in random order. This is a pretty good, one-hour condensation of how a typical two-hour episode will sound, minus the well-known hits that get peppered in between these more obscure numbers and my spoken backlogs. This mixtape is also structured like the show: The first half is all from the '60s (not including the "theme" by Jimmy Castor, and the Ann Alford song), and the second half is all from the '70s (not including the "outro" by Junior Walker). Sandwiched between the halves is a compilation of one of the running jokes through the first seven shows. This may be more hilarious if you are familiar with outlying areas in the Seattle-Bellevue Metropolitan Area (specifically, a certain island).

I promise... I think I promise... it's coming soon. Enjoy yet another bit of meaningful foreplay. Thanks.

Tracklist
Jimmy Castor Bunch - It's Just Begun - Instrumental (Star Time Theme)
Little Joe Cook - Meet Me Down in Soulsville
The Mighty Dogcatchers - Nasty Dog
Gino Parks - Fire
Etta James & Sugar Pie DeSanto - In the Basement (Part 1)
Ann Alford - Got to Get Me a Job
The Unifics - Court of Love 
The Armstrong Brothers - Can You Treat Him Like a Brother
Eddie Bo - Hook & Sling (Part 1)
Peggy & Artie - How Do You Feel (When Your Love Is So Real)
Natural Bridge Bunch with Andre Williams - Pig Snoots (Part 1)
Paul Pearson - M.I.
Reuben Bell - Superjock
Hebrew Rogers - Can't Buy Soul
Oscar Brown Jr. - Ghetto Scene
Tom Brock - If We Don't Make It, Nobody Can
The Undisputed Truth - Spaced Out
Popcorn Wylie - Funky Rubber Band
Loleatta Holloway - Mother of Shame
Jones & Blumenberg - I Forgot to Remember
Rasputin's Stash - Givin' Way My Love
Sharon Paige with Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes - Hope That We Can Be Together Soon
Jr. Walker & the All Stars - Sweet Soul