Mixtape Of The Day 6/27/2016: Sincerely Yours, Sunbrite

It's huge! It's crazy! It's long! It's the Hamilton of mixtapes! It's Mixtape #23: Sincerely Yours, Sunbrite!

I don't want to spoil the fun (and this is massive fun, you hear me?) by talking away too much of this one-hour, 55-minute compilation of Nuggets-type, mostly '60s rock, psychedelia and pop. I'll just say that in the process of selecting the songs that were put on this mix, a narrative idea came to me. Wearying of doing these things all by myself I put the word out for some contributions to the story on Facebook and got some wonderful material. In addition to myself you'll hear the urged-on talents of 23 other people (that number is a total coincidence).

It starts like the commercial-laden The Who Sell Out for exactly the first hour. Then... well, then it becomes something very, very different. And there are Easter eggs and in-jokes galore if you listen hard.

I'm providing you a tracklist of the songs you'll hear... leaving out the commercials and skits. Those are for you to find. Enjoy.

Tracklist
The Third Rail - Dream Street
Tages - It's My Life
Tintern Abbey - Vacuum Cleaner
The Score - Please Please Me
Zen - Please Accept My Invitation
Les Baroques - Working on a Tsjing Tsjang
The Idle Race - On With the Show
The Syn - Created By Clive
The Tickle - Subway (Smokey Pokey World)
Bump - From My Slot
The Bumble Bees - A Girl of My Kind
The Five Day Week Straw People - Car Wash
The Sunbrite People’s Chorus feat. Whistling Jack Smith - Testimonials (I Was Kaiser Bill’s Batman)
Apple - Buffalo Billycan
Mandrake Paddle Steamer - Strange Walking Man
Sweetwater - My Crystal Spider
Thomas Edisun's Electric Light Bulb Band - Concord World
Kuni Kawachi and Flower Travellin' Band - Renai Bochi (Graveyard of Love)
Felius Andromeda - Meditations
Birmingham Sunday - Prevalent Visionaries
Al Stewart - Swiss Cottage Manoeuvres
Dave Bixby - Waiting for the Rains
The Scaffold - Jelly Covered Cloud
Matt Berry - Accident at a Harvest Festival
Zion De Gallier - Me
The Move - Beautiful Daughter
Circus Maximus - Oops I Can Dance
Marsupilami - Dorian Deep
The Dukes of Stratosphear - Pale and Precious
Kevin Coyne - Nobody Dies in Dreamland
Die Travellers - Ich war der Putzer von Kaiser