Song Of The Day 7/29/2016: Professor Elemental – “Player Hater”

Wide Room of Sports – I keep meaning to get headlong into soccer like a good many of my fellow Seattleites have in the last decade or so. I've been to a couple of games here, including an MLS Cup, and the environment's wonderful. I'm impressed at the commitment of the fans in the south end of the stadium, because they sing the entire game. I saw Kanye West do an hour and a half show without taking so much as a drink of water, but he did stop, briefly. These guys don't even stop. It's the same show night after night. They even managed to arrange the dorkiest song that could possibly be written about Seattle so it sounded like a war chant. It's great. I need to take that section out with me the next time I visit my parents. I also had notions to get interested in the Premier League a few years ago when Jason Sudekis was appearing in those NBC commercials, but then I realized I had to wake up at 4 in the morning to catch the broadcasts. I still don't hit the sack until 4 in the morning on certain weekends. Anyway, the point is, it's still not working for me. I still like the military style of football where points go into the double digits and people try to look like they don't have concussions. This blog's friend Professor Elemental also renders an opposing viewpoint.