Mixtape Of The Day 10/12/2016: He Saw You Point


I worked on this mixtape at basically the same time as yesterday's, just like Use Your Illusion I & II. Countering the fraught male insecurities of She Saw You Pout is this mostly more upbeat collection of obscure-to-unknown new wave/alternative/whatever-we-called-them songs from female artists from the '80s. (There might a '70s one in here but I don't remember what it was.) The whole Breakfast Club tie-in finally breaks down after the first half-hour, but I think you got the point the first time anyway. I truly love this mix. There's one more tape in this series that should scare the bejesus out of all of us; I'll get to it when I get to it. For now, listen to this as your heart dies.

Tracklist:
PSHRG - The Molly
Nikki & the Corvettes - Just What I Need
Tracey Ullman - Breakaway
The Delmonas - You Can't Sit Down
Pearl Harbour & the Explosions - At the Dentist
Expressos - Tango in Mono
Personal Effects - So Hard
Neo Boys - Poor Man’s Jungle
Martha & the Muffins - Suburban Dream
PSHRG - I Care
Angie Pepper - Frozen World
The Suspects - It's Up to You
The Gymslips - Drink Problem
Shop Assistants - Safety Net
The Primitives - Really Stupid
Kate Fagan - I Don't Wanna Be Too Cool
Fay Ray - Family Affairs
The Flaming Hands - I Belong to Nobody
Jane Aire & the Belvederes - Yankee Wheels
The Baxters - Garlic Bread
Mo - Cheese
Bette Bright & the Illuminations - The Captain of Your Ship
Sekret Sekret - New King Jack
The Passengers - Face With No Name
The Rosehips - Room in Your Heart
LiLiPUT - When the Cat's Away
Chandra - Subways
Mechanical Servants - Problem What Problem
The Flatmates - Shimmer
Traci Lords - Not of This Earth (Excerpt)
Virna Lindt - Attention Stockholm
April Showers - Abandon Ship
Bonnie Hayes with the Wild Combo - Coverage
Sue Saad & the Next - Young Girl
Look Blue Go Purple - As Does the Sun
Blue Angel feat. Cyndi Lauper - I'm Gonna Be Strong
Strawberry Switchblade - Go Away
Blondie - (I'm Always Touched By Your) Presence, Dear