Mixtape: A Pride Mix


Two hours of music from LGBTQ artists (mainly LG, actually), from multiple genres and styles, ranging from back to the '60s to right now. That's what we have here. Researching this mix introduced me to talents I'd never heard before: Smokey, Peter Straker, Jen Cloher. It's also the third time this year that I've featured something by John Howard, my favorite back-story discovery of the last couple of years. This effort also satisfies my heretofore unissued challenge of finding a way to put Team Dresch and Barry Manilow on the same mixtape. Have a good month and enjoy.
Tracklist
Noël Coward - Let’s Do It (Let’s Fall In Love)
Smokey - Leather
Sylvester & the Hot Band - Gimme a Pigfoot
Courtney Barnett - Pickles From the Jar
Mumps - Crocodile Tears
Jobriath - I'maman
Gossip - Perfect World
Peter Straker - Before I've Said a Word
Klaus Nomi - You Don't Own Me
Team Dresch - She's Amazing
Long John Baldry - Baldry's Out
Tommy Keene - They're In Their Own World
Bob Crewe - Barbarella
Tegan & Sara - I Hear Noises
John Grant - Jesus Hates Faggots
The Dynamic Superiors - Nobody's Gonna Change Me
Arthur Russell - Let's Go Swimming
Mirah - Sweepstakes Prize
Barry Manilow - A Nice Boy Like Me
The Hidden Cameras - High Upon the Church Grounds
Labi Siffre - Who Do You See
Phranc - M-A-R-T-I-N-A
Philip Chevron - The Captains and the Kings
The Magnetic Fields - I Looked All Over Town
Owen Pallett - Midnight Directives
Perfume Genius - Dark Parts
k.d. lang - Miss Chatelaine
Marc Almond - Life In My Own Way
Jen Cloher - Name in Lights
Lesley Gore - Someday
Pet Shop Boys - Vocal
John Howard - My Beautiful Days
Billy Preston - That's the Way God Planned It (Live at Concert for Bangladesh)